Are you here to know about wedding bands for women? Well, you are in at the right place to get all the information you need to pick your choicest wedding band for women. After all, it is going to begin a new phase of your life full of love, trust, faith, and undying understanding. That’s why it is symbolic of love.
We are here to make this special occasion in your life not only memorable but also completely stress-free. So, let us join on this lovely venture by diving into some important things you need to know about how and what to look for while buying a woman’s wedding band.
Here we begin…………
Wedding Band Choices—-
Rose gold, yellow gold, palladium, white gold, and platinum are among the top options for bands. However, you can also explore other alternatives including tungsten. It is very common for majority of brides-to-be to opt for the same metal for their wedding bands as used in their engagement rings.
However, you don’t have to follow the trend. It is your personal choice. If you are fond of mixed metals, then you either go for a braided band by combining several colors in your ring or simply use a band which is different than your enticing engagement ring. You should choose a stronger metal like platinum or tungsten which are tougher than white gold if you have to use your hands for doing work daily.
See, your wedding band’s design must complement your dress and jewelry in your collection. How you dress up daily conveys your distinct fashion sense. Similarly, the wedding band is also expression of your romantic preference.
So, from elaborate to simple, classic, and contemporary, the choice is limitless and left to your creativity. Choose the one that suits your own style, by listening to your silent whisper because your gut feeling can never go wrong.
Do you love gems and stones? If yes, then it is a good idea to accentuate these precious pieces of jewels to make your wedding band become exceptional and adorable. Of course, the first thought that comes to every mind while thinking about wedding bands is diamonds.
No doubt, they have a strong connection with weddings for a long time due to their timeless value and being symbolic of love. However, you can experiment by picking from plain bands, straight bands, eternity bands, shadow wedding bands, pave styles, channel setting, baguette cut, or marquise cut depending on what you love.
While pave styles are for those who admire flair and shine, but they are a big ‘no’ for those having an active lifestyle. So, a good option in this case is choosing a channel setting because you can still get the glamour without putting yourself at the risk of losing stones in pave styles. When you have to choose the stones, it is good to go for diamonds or sapphires, or even rubies.
Those who love to add a personal touch to their wedding band, engraving is the answer. The fact that the choice seems to be wide-ranging makes it all the more alluring. You can have the lyrics of your favorite love song engraved on your band to make it a symbol of your loving relationship.
It is a common trend to have your wedding band personalized by any peculiar phrase having a special meaning in your relationship or even the date of your wedding. You may even have the names of you and your would-be partner engraved on the band. Don’t follow the trend. Just listen to what your heart says.
With all these vital tips for purchasing your wedding band in mind, we hope to make your journey fun-filled, loving, and joyful forever.
May You Live Happily Ever After!!!
For several centuries, jewelry has been an integral part of human civilization and continues to be so even now. However, there has been several changes in the way in which it is created and designed. All this has led to several stories and misconceptions about jewelry.
Top jewelry myths busted….
So, today, we shall provide you with the right information by debunking some prevalent common myths here and now. Of course, you must always check the GIA trademark when buying jewelry.
So, as we together discover the truth behind these misconceptions pertaining to jewelry, we shall also unveil some crucial caring tips as well —–
Diamonds are sturdy, hence unbreakable—
Among the highly widespread myth about diamonds is that they are indestructible. The truth is, however, somewhat different. No doubt, diamonds cannot get scratched.
But severe strain and heat may lead to cracks in them. The fact is that rubies and sapphires are comparatively less vulnerable to get chipped as compared to diamonds. When it comes to the beauty and rarity of diamonds, remember, diamonds are, indeed, forever.
Sapphires are blue only—
Undoubtedly, sapphires are found in blue shade most often and they were called sapphires in Greece, which means ‘blue colored stone’. However, that does not mean these priceless stones are not available in any other color. They are available in other colors too and the variations in their color are primarily due to micro-impurities in them. While the blue sapphire has traces of titanium and iron, yellow color in sapphires is due to iron while purple sapphires are due to vanadium.
Diamonds are highly expensive—
Being extremely flawless and highly durable, diamonds do come with a hefty price. But not every diamond is costly. You can choose to buy the pocket-friendly simulated diamonds available in the market. Cubic zirconia is a good alternative for those who love diamonds but want something that is easy on their pocket.
Opals bring bad luck—
Contrary to this popular belief that opals spell bad luck, they were considered to be very lucky originally by the Romans. That’s the reason why Caesars often gifted their spouse with opals as symbols of good luck.
Gold comes in different colors—
No doubt, we see gold jewelry in various colors. That’s the reason why many are of the view that just like gemstones, gold too is found in numerous colors. The truth, however, is that god originally comes in yellow color only. Other varieties are formed by mixing additional metals with the gold. For example, white gold is made by combining palladium and nickel with gold and then painted on top of the metal.
Want to check the legitimacy of Gold? Bite into it? —
It is a sheer myth that you can check if gold is authentic by biting into it and seeing your bite marks. The fact is that there are several other metals that are malleable and soft when bitten. So, you can see your bite marks on lead as well because it is also a soft (but toxin) mineral. Now you know why you don’t need to bite your gold. Remember, all that glitters is not ‘Gold’ although gold also glitters!!!
Pearls can be soaked in soapy water—
Want your pearl jewelry retain its sheen and elegance for long? Never commit the mistake of cleaning them by keeping them soaked in soapy water. Otherwise, pearls could lose their nacre coating. A good tip is to make a mild solution using gentle soap and warm water. Now, clean them with gentle strokes and dab them dry before storing these.
At Fine Jewelry and Gemstones, all of our jewelry is meticulously designed to be adored and worn. Every single piece is carefully handled with care and love as we feel motivated to make exotic antiques that can successfully retain its sheen and glamour for long.
Of course, they shall require some extra care from you. So, to let your priceless collection withstand the test of time, it is advisable to give care and attention to each piece of jewelry.
Look Your Resplendent Best in your Favorite Fine Jewelry!!!
Antique jewelry is a piece more than a century old. No wonder, such jewelry is likely to attract dirt, especially underneath gemstones or metal. If not cleaned and cared properly, the timeless beauty of the precious heirloom is going to fade away.
You may feel anxious to clean the grime and residue with a polishing cloth. But be wary of doing so as it may render damages to your jewelry’s sheen and grace.
So, how to clean and care for your antique pieces of jewels? Don’t worry. We are here to guide you with the do’s and don’ts to keep the beauty of your antique jewels intact.
Let us see here………
Make a mild cleaning solution–
Use a DIY mild cleaning solution for keeping your jewelry safe. It is not only gentle and effective for your jewelry but also pocket-friendly. So, why use costly chemical-based solutions?
Clean using a toothbrush and soft cloth–
After making a mild solution, the next step is to dip the item for a couple of minutes to let the dirt get loosened. But, it is good to slightly wet your toothbrush if your jewelry has soft stones.
While cleaning, use the brush at regions with hidden grim like beneath the prongs and stones. Make sure to use only light pressure to retain its glory intact. You can also dip the jewelry in the cleaning solution until it gets out shining bright.
Cleaning should be followed by thorough rinsing and proper drying. Lukewarm water is ideal for a good rinse. After this, pat dry it before storing it safely.
Store in a special box–
To keep it safe from bent or scratches, keep your antiques stored in special antique jewelry boxes.
If you think that cleaning your antique jewelry will make it brand new, then you are mistaken. Remember, you can surely make it free from dirt and related stuff, but you should not expect to make it new by cleaning. After all, you cannot get rid of years of tarnish.
Who says antique pieces are meant to be stored in jewelry boxes? Come on! Take out those precious pieces and flaunt them. The only thing is to exercise care while wearing them.
Never use harsh chemicals–
Your antique jewelry should not be cleaned using ammonia or other harsh chemicals. Moreover, you should avoid using household cleaning detergents having bleach as they can damage your jewelry.
Submerging too longer?–
Jewelry having soft stones such as seed pearls or opals should not be kept submerged in cleaning liquids for too long. The best thing is to use a damp cloth or brush for light cleaning the delicate pieces.
Don’t go overboard by polishing patina on gold jewelry–
Polishing your antique gold jewelry can do more harm than good. Use it only lightly to let the piece retain its originality and sheen.
A quick cleaning with ultrasonic machines?–
It is a big no-no to place your antique jewels into an ultrasonic machine. You may end up damaging the original look of the jewelry.
With all these vital tips to keep your antique heirloom dazzling for several years, you are ready to let it last for coming generations.
Let the Glory of Antique Jewelry Dazzle Forever!!!
Is your marriage anniversary just around the corner and do you want a unique gift to celebrate your anniversary in style? Well, an anniversary band is a wonderful gift idea to make the occasion memorable.
Let us inform you that the GIA-Gemological Institution of America has recommendations for one through ten years regarding gemstones which are–gold, garnet, pearls, blue topaz, sapphire, amethyst, onyx, tourmaline, lapis lazuli, and diamond respectively.
So, if you want some tips about which anniversary band to choose to surprise your partner, then here are simple clues for your consideration–
Selecting the style of an anniversary band–
Choosing the design and style of an anniversary band is of top priority. Anniversary bands or rings can either be accented with gemstones or diamonds or be solids. So, if you are choosing a plain band, it can be in any alternative metal to give you a curious contrast or simply be in the same metal as your wedding ring. Moreover, you also have to decide on the gems you want in your gemstone or diamond ring keeping in mind the size and the gemstone arrangement you want. You can also go for bigger gemstones provided they are of good quality.
Your choice of the band’s design is solely dependent on how you want to wear it. For example, you must select something more distinguishing if you want to wear the band by itself. However, you have to make sure to pick a ring that matches the style of your wedding or engagement ring if you want to stack it with either of these.
You must know that diamonds feature on the front portion of the band in traditional anniversary rings/bands. Meanwhile, you can also wear an eternity ring as an anniversary band.
See how she intends to wear the band—
Yes, this is certainly the topmost thing to be kept in mind. An anniversary band can be worn in three ways. It can be worn in a stack with her engagement and wedding ring. She can wear it on the opposite hand or any different finger. Moreover, she can replace it for her engagement ring or wedding band.
What about Tradition?–
Are you going to choose the anniversary band by following a tradition? Well, a large number of people are associated to any specific stone or metal, especially in case you are celebrating your big milestone anniversary. You have to decide whether you wish to include such traditional elements while picking the right anniversary band or you simply want to experiment with something unique and dynamic.
Remember, an anniversary band is a symbolic and distinguishing way to celebrate the memorable years you have spent together as a couple, and many more to come.
And there are no specific rules but only choices for an anniversary ring. After all, an anniversary band is celebration of your true love and must reveal your individual story. It can be either an upgradation to your existing wedding or engagement band or an independent accessory.
With countless options before you ranging from gemstones to diamonds and beyond, it is up to you see what fits your specific taste and style.
Choosing jewelry for office can seem to be a daunting task. You want to add glamour to your formal looks without going overboard. Your office jewelry must comfortable, problem-free, and minimal so as to give you a distinct yet formal look. The best thing is to restrict your jewelry to at the most three pieces. These can be earrings, rings, and bracelet or a watch.
So, let us see some very functional tips to let you get the best of professional looks at your workplace–
Crystal/Diamond Stud Earrings–
Stud earrings of all kinds are a must-have part of your office jewelry collection. Opt for stud earrings or tiny hoops. These are simple, elegant, and timeless pieces of earrings. You can wear them with your formal trousers to complete your everyday workplace look.
They are among the highly popular classic pieces of jewelry the world over. You can instantly add a touch of glamor and sophistication with those white pearly pieces. Wear a white necklace to perk up your office looks while adding a touch of feminine grace to your personality. Just make sure to keep your jewelry minimal and simple. Don’t commit the mistake of overdoing your formal looks by wearing the pearl set to your office. Stick to wearing just a single piece of pearl jewelry to look professional.
Add sparkle to your simple outfit to look stylish as well as professional during formal functions or corporate parties. Make sure to choose the jewelry that compliments your clothes while giving you confidence.
These are adorable and smart pieces of workplace jewelry available in different colors and hues to spruce your looks. Being very light-weight, you will not even notice that you are wearing them. They look great with your workplace attire and are perfect for casual or informal office parties.
Do you love wearing rings on your fingers in your office? Well, you can purchase an elegant diamond ring to spruce up your spirits. You can pair the ring with stud earrings to put your best foot forward in your workplace.
A chain bracelet is a classy piece of accessory to give you professional office looks. These dainty and trending diamond bracelets are the best bet to let you feel confident while giving presentation in the office and look stylish too. And the best part of these bracelets is that you don’t have to worry about their price as they are quite affordable.
A watch is a fabulous piece of accessory to enhance your office looks. So, wear a designer watch to highlight professionalism and bold attitude while presenting a captivating look.
Simple Pendants or bracelets–
Are you thinking of choosing jewelry for your business meetings? And do you want to add flair to your appearance without inviting undue attention? Well, a pair of small studs, a simple and sleek pendant, or a subtle and classy bracelet can add the elegance to your looks. Choose to stick with a solitaire, cube, or marquise shape.
Jewelry represents your professionalism and inner self. So, add grace and sophistication by wearing simple and stylish pieces of jewelry to your workplace. The clue is to keep the ethics of the office in mind.
Wondering how to select and style jewelry that complements your looks and peps up your wardrobe? Well, here we are to unveil some of the hot and happening tips to style your jewelry and become a fashionista. So, let us venture out together–
Although you have a huge collection of jewelry comprising of cherry-picked pieces from different locations, but still, somehow, you are unable to make the best of it and feel lost. Well, it is a common issue of many of us. The good thing is that with a number of indispensable fashion and jewelry style tips and clues to look your best while complementing your unique personality and style.
How much it too much?–
Do you know how much jewelry to wear? In other words, do you know when to stop to avoid looking over bedecked? If you are going to wear a pair of bold earrings, then make sure your necklace is either simple or avoid wearing it at all. Similarly, never commit the mistake of wearing a statement jewelry piece(or even a layered necklace) with a bunch of bangles.
Do you change your earrings?–
Are you among the females who keep on wearing the same earrings for weeks or even months together? If yes, then you must remember to add a dash of style and look cheerful by changing your earrings more often. Whether you wear small studs or dangle earrings, variety is the spice of life and the same holds true for your earrings too. So, take a sneak peak into your jewelry collection to see which pair of earrings have not been worn for quite sometime. Of course, you can buy a few pairs of earrings to brighten up your collection.
Jewelry or dress?–
Do you plan to wear a simple outfit to a party or a special event? Don’t worry. You can transform it into special and happening by accompanying it with the best of accessories and jewelry. Statement jewelry is your safest bet to perk up your drab outfit. On the other hand, if your outfit seems to be too bold and bright for the occasion, underplay it by using the right pieces of jewelry. Make sure to opt for subtle and sober jewels.
Wear Rings to Exude Flamboyance–
Want to take music along wherever you go? Wear rings. Yes, that’s true. Rings add a touch of style and versatility to your jewelry collection. You can experiment by mixing and matching different colors, styles, and gemstones. You can even wear multiple stacking rings to look chic while supporting a minimalist look. Wearing a cocktail ring on both hands also enhances your looks.
Learn to Mix Metals–
Want to experiment to look your fashionable best? Say yes to mixing different colors of metals. Go for pendants in colors that contrast with the color of the chain. Similarly, you can wear rings of varied metal colors or bangles in various metals to lend a touch of vibrance and color to your dress.
Stop becoming a slave to fashion trends–
Be a trend setter rather than becoming a follower of the prevailing trends. What and how you wear must reflect your real personality, your style, and your way of life. So, chalk out your unique style which lets you look your ever best and walk with confidence.
When you are deciding which jewelry to wear, see what looks best with your general style, your frame, and your overalll personality. Remember, you are special, unique, and different.
So, go for what you love, whether it is gold jewelry, silver jewels, or any other jewel piece. The choice and decision is entirely yours.
Have you ever wondered what your taste and choice in jewelry say about you? Well, it is a fact that your jewelry speaks a lot about you. It does not matter what type of person you are. The thing is that you must have worn jewelry at some point or time in your life. So, considering your peculiar choice in what you love to wear tells about the person you are.
Interesting? Isn’t it? Now, let us take a look at a couple of varied jewelry personality categories—
- The Fun Loving–If you are the one who loves to flaunt yourself in big pieces like extravagant necklaces, huge hoop earrings, or thick and flamboyant rings, then you are a bubbly and cheerful human being who loves being active socially. You love partying hard because fun is what you adore in your life.
- Simple and humble–If earrings and necklaces made from seashells or sea glass entice you, then you are likely to be a humble and down-to-earth person. You love nature in its various forms and designs. That’s the reason why you are so grounded and like to wear jewelry items that are close to nature.
- Highly Traditional–For the ones who love beauty and elegance in terms of jewelry, solitaire engagement rings and diamond earrings are the top choices. If you fall in this category, then you have deep traditional values rooted in your personality. You can stay assured of looking poised everytime and everywhere.
- Narcissist–Having a special fondness for personalized jewelry, especially with your initials on them? You are a narcissist, for sure. Accept it or not, but the fact is that such people are completely self-obsessed and do not hesitate to express their feelings. The best thing about such people is that they are always there to show their love and support for their dear ones. Are you a narcissist? Amazing!
- Whimsical–You love to experiment and have lots of fun in your life. And your choice of jewelry also reflects this particular aspect of your personality. Your preference for pendant necklaces and colorful charm bracelets says it all. Give yourself the fairy wings by enjoying wearing such special pieces of magical jewelry.
- Chic–Love pearls? Well, you are highly polished and have a special charm and elegance. Although you prefer to keep low-key, still you are a face in the crowd due to your exclusive fashion tastes and poised appearance. And remember, pearls and elegance go hand-in-hand!
- The Fancy one–You are an ardent lover of big and famous jewelry brands and don’t want to settle for second best. Why not? After all, you strive hard to get what you want in your life. So, you ought to deserve the best, be it clothes or jewelry. And the luxury jewelry brands are meant for you. Go and pamper yourself with luxury jewelry collectibles to splash yourself in style.
- Color Coordinated–Those who always love to wear magnificent silver bracelets matching with the color of their footwear or a gold necklace accompanied by a pair of matching earrings are organized and highly responsible in their life. They are excellent hosts and great conversationalists at parties and get-togethers.
With these categories of jewelry mentioned above, you can see what your particular style has to say about you. You may fit into a single or even a couple of categories, depending on your typical jewelry type. Whatever your style might be, we, at Finejewelryandgemstones have you covered, with unlimited designs and choices in jewelry. You will fall in love with yourself all over again. What do you say!
Are you searching for some perfect jewelry gifts to show your concern and care for your loved ones? We have a bunch of creative ideas for gifting jewelry. We bet your gift will leave them in awe and bring delight to their faces. So, let us find out these here and now–
- Birthstones Jewelry–So, you thought birthstones are meant only to be gifted on birthdays? Well, you are probably mistaken. The fact is that a vintage personalized birthstone jewelry gift is stupendous not just for birthdays, but also for special occasions including holidays. You have a wide range of birthstone jewelry to choose from. Whether it is amazing pendants, shimmering stackable rings, or other personalized gifts, you can select according to the tastes and liking of the person to whom you want to gift.
- Diamonds–A Gift for every occasion–Diamonds are tried and tested gifts to be presented to someone close to your heart. It can be an elegant pair of diamond studs, sleek diamond bracelets, trendy diamond rings, or even the special diamond solitaire necklace which will be adored by your special one. The best part is that with diamonds, you can never feel the risk of going out of style. Because, diamonds are a treasure, forever.
- Watches as Graduation Ceremony Gifts —A watch is an appropriate gift for congratulating your dear one for completing his/her school, college, or trade graduation. After all, it is an important achievement and a memorable moment in everyone’s life. So, make the moment special and enjoyable by gifting something unique like a watch. It can be a perfect piece of accessory for both males and females.
- Diamonds as Wedding gifts–Wedding are one of the best and exciting occasions in everyone’s life. And what else could you gift someone on this precious occasion than a diamond pendant for the bride?
- Gemstone Rings and Pendants as Anniversary gifts–Diamond anniversary bands make a loving gift for showing your love and commitment to your loving one. If you want to renew your relationship, you can opt for gemstone rings. A fashion pendant with some unique message or name engraved on it gels well for love-in couples.
- Valentine’s Day gifts–Exhibit your feelings of love emotions with colorful gemstones, exotic pendants with heart-themes, or even those with glittering diamonds make for a meaningful gift.
- Charm bracelets–Jewelry gifts for kids–Thinking of gifting something unique to kids? We have a number of jewelry items to suggest for these young naughty angels. Charm bracelets come in differnt designs and colors to excite the bubbling minds of fun loving kids. Explore unlimited variety to satiate the curiosity of these young minds.
- Chic Jewelry–Hot and Happening Jewelry gifts–If you want to gift something bold and beautiful jewelry item to your dear one who loves to flaunt in statement-making jewelry collectibles. The best part about this type of jewelry is that these are bright and cost-friendly alternatives to look chic while keeping your budget in check.
With so many magnificent jewelry gift ideas ready to be tried, delight yourself by picking suitable jewelry for every occasion. After all, it is a small price for bringing that beautiful and priceless happiness to the faces of your loved ones.
Are you a proud owner of a beautiful collection of jewelry? And do you feel eager to know how to safeguard your jewelry from getting tarnished? After all, your jewels have special significance for you. So, don’t worry. We are here to guide you about how to store your jewelry safely and let you put your best foot forward every day.
And you need to keep in mind that while storing your jewelry, you need to avoid putting it at risk by using the ways that can be hazardous for your precious collection.
Here are the brief yet important tips to ensure safety and security of your exquisite fine jewelry from getting tarnished—
Before moving ahead with the steps, you must keep in mind the type of jewelry, it’s worth and the material used to make it.
Tips to safeguard your jewelry from tarnishing —
- Separate your jewelry to prevent it from tarnishing—You must separate your jewelry based on the metals it is made up of. For example, you must segregate your jewelry before storing it. Never keep your fine jewelry with silver jewelry.
Similarly, do not store your costume jewelry with fine jewelry or silver jewelry. This step will save the metals of the jewel pieces from getting tarnished while interaction. If you have any tarnished jewelry, then don’t store it along with your untarnished jewelry as doing will tarnish even the unblemished pieces too.
- Keep it clean and dry—It is very important to keep your jewels clean and dry. It will not only save your adornments from getting tarnished but also prevent its premature damage. So, never commit the mistake of storing dirty jewelry.
Moisture is a big culprit which can make it degraded. Using lotions and perfume, or sweating while wearing your jewels can affect their metals or plating. Hence, make it a point to dry your jewels before storing them especially after wearing these in rains.
Here is a simple and effective method to clean it at home. Just take lukewarm water and mix it with a couple of drops of dish detergent. Dip your jewels in this mild solution for a few minutes. Clean the dirt using a soft toothbrush and dry with a plain piece of cloth. You can use a silver polishing cloth for removing tarnish.
- Using a Jewel Protectant Spray—To ensure extra protection to your jewels from tarnishing, try using a good quality jewelry protectant spray. Tarnish Me Not is a feasible choice for giving added life to your jewels.
- Storing in a consistent temperature—Humidity can play a spoilsport for your jewelry and result in tarnishing it. So, you should store jewelry at low humidity levels. You can choose a place where a dehumidifier or an AC (air conditioner) is used to keep temperature at adequate levels. Also keep silica sachets in your jewel box for absorption of extra moisture.
- Choose a dark and dry place—Keep your fine jewelry, gold jewelry, and silver jewelry away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep them at a place which is dry and dark. To store silver jewelry, use a box having felt lining while wrap your gold jewelry in a soft cloth bag if you don’t have its original packing.
This helps to save it from getting tarnished by keeping moisture level controlled. Preferably, use a felt pouch for storing it. And also invest in polishing it every six months to keep its sheen intact.
With these tips in mind, you can keep the shimmer and sparkle of your jewelry intact for a long time!!!
Summer has already arrived and is in full bloom now. So, get ready to enjoy this delightful weather by cheering up with your favourite jewelry. Whether it is spending time with your loved ones or having your ‘me time’ on your cherished vacations, jewelry always has a special place in your life.
However, summers can also prove harsh for your choicest jewelry collection. Moreover, exposure to water, humidity, or even sunscreen can make it vulnerable to damage. And if you are a travel freak, especially during summers, then it can render your adorable pieces to several risks.
But, you should not worry as we will suggest you some wonderful handy tips for protecting your jewelry. Here we go………………………………
Tips to outdoor jewelry care —
- Wearing your jewelry while swimming can expose it to several hazards like salt water and chlorine. This can lead to discoloration, loss of sheen or polish. Moreover, sweat can also damage it. So, make sure to remove it before going under the water.
- Basking in the sun is, undoubtedly, great for your health. But, harsh sun can work havoc for your jewels. Sand at the lakes and beaches can leave scratches on your precious collectibles. Make it a priority to avoid wearing your lovable adornments while having a sun bath.
- If you are applying sunscreen before venturing out in the sun, remember not to put your jewelry at risk. The reason is that such lotions can make your jewels become dull and drab.
- Love gardening or cleaning up your yard? Why not? But kindly do so without wearing your jewelry to avoid it getting dented or scratched. Remember, any bumps in your jewelry due to such outdoor activities including playing sports can result in loosening the setting of your jewels. You may even lose some of the stones adorning it.
Travel tips to safeguard your jewelry—
Travelling means fun and frolic. However, it may also spell damage for your jewelry. So, here are some vital clues to let you keep its sheen intact…………………………………………………..
- Is it really necessary to bring along while travelling?—Yes, that’s an important question. Consider it carefully before packing your jewelry along while travelling. See if you can avoid bringing it because you may not only face the risk of getting it stolen but also make it susceptible to other risk factors (like getting it scratched or broken during travel).
- Pack to avoid tangling in storage during travel—Can you imagine your favourite bracelet getting damaged or your precious earrings getting broken by getting entangled during storage? Yes, the sheer thought of such happening can make you feel crazy and mad.
To avoid such mishap, you must pack your pieces individually using different packing. For example, diamond jewelry must be packed individually as it can damage soft pearls or gold jewels.
Use a soft piece of cloth or a different box for packing your individual piece of fine jewelry. A good piece of advice is to wrap it in tissue paper for extra protection.
These important tips can help you keep your jewelry safe as you get ready to enjoy the vibrant world this summer!!!
February is the month of celebrations, starting off with the eagerly awaited Valentine’s Day and giving way to the season of marriage proposals. All this involves exchanging engagement rings and wedding rings.
Moreover, your love for Jewelry, whether it is your favorite diamond engagement ring, the gold necklace gifted by your mom, or any other piece of adornment in your collectibles, is unending.
After all, it is symbolic of several emotions for you, including love, fashion, and social status, not to forget the financial or investment aspect of the jewels.
All this calls for special protection against theft, damage, burglary or accidental loss. No wonder, more and more Jewelry lovers are now getting comfortable with the concept of Jewelry insurance.
How to get Jewelry Insurance?
Now the question is which insurance plan is feasible for ensuring jewelry protection? And the answer is clear. You must choose a customized plan keeping your requisite requirements in mind. After all, a jewelry lover cannot ignore to protect his/her most fashionable possession.
Specialized Jewelry Insurance
It is a free-standing and independent policy. So, even if you have any other coverage for your jewel pieces, you can still opt for this policy. It offers an added level of care for your valuable pieces of ornaments. All you need is file an application providing your personal details as well as details about your Jewelry requiring insurance.
Of course, you have to furnish a comprehensive appraisal or sales receipt with every individual item to be covered. This is to ensure that your Jewelry gets coverage for the exact value so that you get claim in case of theft or damage. The best part about this type of coverage is that such insurance professionals have adequate knowledge about different types of jewels which only an expert jeweler knows.
Cost of Jewelry Insurance
Depending upon your country and city of residence, generally, specialty jewelry insurance coverage costs around 1-2% of your jewelry’s total value. This cost is to be paid annually.
Hence, it is advisable to offer protection to your jewelry by selecting the best jewelry insurance. Remember, jewelry insurance costs are quite nominal keeping in mind the safety and coverage they extend for your adornments along with the peace of mind for you.
Not sure about getting your jewelry coverage? Here are some important questions you need to answer—
- Worried to wear your uninsured jewels?
- Feel deterred due to risk of insurance costs going up?
- Inability to cover the expenses for replacing it?
- Wondering if you will get adequate compensation for any loss or accidental damage to your jewelry?
Well, all these doubts are normal for any jewelry owner thinking to file for insurance coverage for their precious possessions. If your answer to the above queries is a big ‘yes’, then you must gear up to get your jewels insured right now. Moreover, you must stay assured that a reliable insurance company is liable to offer best services to their highly esteemed customers.
Feeling curious to make an application for jewelry coverage? It’s simple. You can make an online application in just a couple of minutes and get receipt for the same. Simply make sure to get independent coverage from a company specializing in Jewelry insurance.
And if you already have an insurance coverage for Jewelry and want to add any new piece to the policy, you can do so by informing the firm and making additional premium.
Enjoy Wearing Jewelry with Proper Jewelry Insurance!!!
Traveling with your jewelry especially valuable fine jewelry should not push you into panic. You can ensure your Jewelry’s safety while traveling by doing adequate planning. So, let us see some handy and vital tips to get prepared and keep it secure.
Choosing Which Jewelry to Pack Along
Before deciding to choose which jewelry to bring, you must give top priority to safety. Moreover, you also need to consider the purpose of your travel, that is to say, where are you planning to go and exactly what are you going to do there? Are you going to attend any destination wedding, or you are heading for a cool beach vacation.
Which is the Best Jewelry for Travelling?
You don’t need to carry expensive or emotional jewelry with you while travelling. You can opt for something simple, unique, and versatile that goes well in different situations of holidaying. Whichever jewelry you select, the focus should be on high-class jewelry that comes at a pocket-friendly price tag.
Don’t Wear your Engagement Ring on Vacation
Your engagement ring is not only expensive but also quite precious piece of jewelry for you (your spouse too). So, rather than wearing your engagement ring while traveling, you should opt for a trouble-free silicone ring if you plan to go for adventurous activities or just a fake engagement ring to look your stylish best.
Keep a Personal Inventory of the Jewelry
Make a personal jewelry inventory of the pieces you want to pack along. This acts as a handy tool for proving your ownership.
Never Exhibit your Expensive Jewelry
Do not show-off your costly jewelry while being in an unknown place. And you must not share pictures of yourself wearing expensive jewelry on the social media to avoid inviting unnecessary trouble.
Don’t Store Everything at One Place
While taking a few measures, you can reduce the risk to your jewelry while travelling. So, after leaving a show (jewelry exhibition, of course), you should not keep all in one place. Rather, you can wear some and keep a few pieces in your shoulder bag. If possible, invest in a microchip to be kept inside a stone or your locket to track it in case of a theft.
Store Jewelry at the Hotel’s Front Desk
See if the hotel you are going to stay while vacationing has a safe at its front desk. And do not forget to ask for a receipt of your jewelry to ensure its safety.
Get Secured Locks
Keeping your valuables safe in TSA-certified locks is a good way to ensure your Jewelry’s safety in a hotel room.
While driving, adhere to safety guidelines of Jewelers’ Security Alliance. Take circuitous routes and stay alert of your surroundings.
Take a Photo of the Jewelry You are Carrying Along
While packing your jewelry for vacationing, you must take photos of the different jewelry pieces. If needed, it will act as a vital proof of ownership to file a police report.
Travel with Certified Pieces
Certified pieces of jewels can be tracked easily. Hence, it is advisable to travel with these to find them in case of theft while travelling.
Investing in jewelry insurance against theft is a feasible option to safeguard your jewelry. Research an insurance firm ready to provide coverage for your piece against theft or loss while travelling. Also see the limit covered by them.
As you look forward to feel and look your best while holidaying, you can keep your jewelry safe with these handy tips.
Say Cheers to Happy and Glamorous Vacationing!!!!